Patients Training Programs
groups of patients
in order to promote self-management, treatment and disease monitoring.
The training programs mainly seek to provide information and training to manage the disease. In that way, both patients and caregivers, who are increasingly demanding more
to help them overcome or alleviate their condition, are better equipped for it. This type of patient, involved in the management and treatment of his/her condition, is known as active patient due to the proactive nature of the same.
The training and prevention programs aimed at all those involved in healthcare are a key element in the sustainability of the health system
- Patient education.
- Patient co-responsibility
- Improved communication with doctor.
- Continuity of care.
- Health system increased efficiency and effectiveness.
- Relapses and readmissions reduction.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
- Meeting the real needs of the patient based on his/her pathology.
- Involve all stakeholders in the care process.
- Attendance and completion of programs.
- Quality of care indicators measurement (readmissions, mortality, etc.).
- Patient's quality of life improvement.