Raising awareness among patients and the medical community about the disease treated by our drug.
Besides this, the increase in diagnoses based on a correct identification of the disease must also be pursued for the medical community.
Similarly, a second brand can be created in this way through the website for those drugs which cannot impact on the patients but that are largely governed by fast moving consumer goods FMCG (rules).
Design and development of a website on the pathology for which the product is indicated.
This web portal may contain information for professionals, including training, clinical studies, literature references, resources of interest; and information for patients with advice for its prevention, treatment, symptoms, consequences of the disease, virtual communities, etc.
One of the critical points within a pharmaceutical marketing plan is to ensure that the disease treated by our product is correctly diagnosed by doctors, especially if we have a leading position in the market. This allows us to increase the number of diagnoses, and improve efficiency in patient treatments.
Similarly, we must consider those prescription products whose promotion among the medical community becomes invalid when the consumer motivator figure of this type of drugs (the doctor) is transferred to the patient in cases where dispensing without a prescription is possible or is the same patient who requests a specific brand name to the doctor. We are therefore before a mass consumer market, so finding new promotional channels among the real product customers (patients) is necessary. Internet, and a website on the pathology, can have a second brand to channel the marketing actions of the drug. Currently, 22.6% of Internet users look on the web for information related to health issues.
- Better identification of the disease by the medical community
- Increased diagnoses, and therefore increased prescriptions for our product.
- Opening channels of communication with patients.
- Acquisition of competitive advantage.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
- Ongoing promotion and content updating.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Transmitting an image of independence and professionalism.
- Endorsement by a scientific society or research group.
- Second brand image in line with the product.
- Monthly unique visitors
- Percentage of revisits (more than one visit in the last two months))