Design a develope websites to make them more accessible to all users regardless of their
abilities or limitations, language, culture, geographical location, type of hardware ,
software or network infrastructure.
Social responsibility is the fundamental value that should be taken into
account when adopting accessibility guidelines that allow more people to access our
contents and services.
Web accessibility means access to content and information from web sites, taking into
account the limitations of the users due to deficiencies, disabilities or technologies
The accessibility improves the access to services and contents of our website in general, is not only of
interest to people with disabilities.
To make the contents of a Web page accessible, it has been developed the so-called
"Web Content Accessibility Guidelines" (WCAG) by the Web Accessibility Initiative
(WAI) of the World Wide Web
- Separation of content and graphic design of the Web
- Using personal style sheets
- Descriptive text for images
- W3C Standards
- Keyboard shortcuts for navigation
Accessibility checking is assigned to three levels of priority are :
- Priority 1 : Are those points that a web developer has to comply
because, otherwise, certain groups of users could not access the Web site information.
- Priority 2 : Are those points that a web developer should comply
because, if it were not so , it would be very difficult to access the information
for certain groups of users.
- Priority 3 : Are those points that a web developer should comply
because, otherwise, some users may experience some difficulties in accessing
Based on previous checkpoints there are three different levels of conformity::
- Conformance Level " A" : All checkpoints of priority 1 are
- Conformance Level " Double-A" : All Priority checkpoints 1 and 2
are satisfied .
- Conformance Level " Triple-A " : All Priority checkpoints 1, 2 and
3 are satisfied.